The Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) kicks off its 3rd 5-a-side football tournament on Tuesday 3 November 2015.
Fifteen teams and over 200 players will feature in this year's six-week long tournament which will come to a close with the QFC Cup.
Matches will be played every Tuesday evening where the participating firms will square off at the Al Sadd sport complex.
Will QFB claim the Cup this time again? Stay tuned for weekly updates. Winners will be announced on 8 December.
Basic Competition Rules:
- All players must be employed by the organisation they are representing or be affiliated to a QFC company.
- Team Captains must
provide league officials with a full team list of all players before the start
of the competition. Playing on more than one team is not allowed, except with
the permission of the league officials and opposing team Captain in any match that
would not otherwise be played due to a team not unable to field enough players
- Professional or
semi-professional players will only be allowed to play with the league
organizer express permission
- The competition is
played as a hybrid league/tournament with group standings recorded based on
results (3 points for win, 1 for draw) and playoff or knockout rounds being
played to decide the winner
- Game duration will be 2 x 15 minute halves with a 2 minute half-time break
- If a team only has 3 players or less present 5 minutes after their
scheduled start time they will forfeit the match (Score will be recorded as
- Footwear can be either training shoes, molded football boots or blades (Strictly NO screw in studs/cleats). Barefoot or casual shoes will not be accepted.
Rules - Please read these carefully:
• 1 keeper (goalie) + 4
players per team on the pitch at one time
• Rolling substitutes - Must tell Referee
• A yellow-card (foul) is 2 minutes off the pitch - 1 red or 2 yellow cards is
elimination from game + next game. Next game the team gets to play
with full five players.
• No head-height rules - the ball may go as high as necessary without hitting
• If the ball leaves the pitch it is kicked in from the ground (not thrown in)
• No charging or slide tackling allowed. Goalkeepers can slide in
• Tiebreakers - 1. Goal Difference (group stages only), 2. Goals Scored
(for), 3. Head to Head
• Ties in the knockout rounds are decided by 3 penalty kicks and then 'Sudden
Death' until there is a winner
5-a-side Rules (Indoor)
• The referee's decision is final, players must only play to the referee's
whistle or the courtside official's timer
• Substitutes will be “rolling” players coming on to the field may not do so
until the player being replaced has come off - substitute players cannot stand
inside the field of play and should wait for ref's permission to enter the
• Minimum 4 players on the pitch for game to start. A game is called a forfeit
if players on a team fall below 4 or if a team is not present on the pitch and
ready to play within 5 minutes of scheduled start time, in this case the team
present is awarded the points for a win. The match may still be played as a
friendly game thereafter if time in the schedule allows.
• No off side rule
Play inside the penalty
area is allowed
• No head height rule
• All free-kicks and kick ons are indirect.
• If a ball goes out of bounds, the ball has to be kicked in (not thrown in)
• Goalkeeper must immediately return the ball into play with an under-arm
• A goal cannot be scored from a kick in when the ball goes out of bounds
• Goalkeeper CAN pick up a back pass.
Goalkeepers can only roll or throw the ball out UNDERARM or side
ways. Throwing over arm is not allowed.
Goalkeeper is allowed to leave the box (or 'D') but can only
handle the ball inside the designated area
A goal can be scored direct from the centre at the start and
re-start of play
Players must be a 1.5 metres back from the player taking a
kick-on, corner or free-kick
• A penalty kick shall be
taken from the penalty mark and, except for the defending goalkeeper, only the
player taking the kick can enter the penalty area. After the penalty is taken,
a player can score a goal if the penalty is deflected back into the playing
field by the goal keeper.
• A yellow card will result in a Two-minute time out for the player, the team
cannot introduce a substitute during there two minutes
• A red card will result in the player being banned from the match, the team cannot introduce a substitute for the player in that match.
• Violent conduct OR Swearing at the opposing player OR referee may result in a
yellow/red or suspension from the league depending on the severity of the
• Allowance shall be made in either period for time lost through stoppages as
decided by the referee. We do not employ ballboys, please help us to retrieve
balls from outfield areas quickly
Conduct judged to be
intentional or excessive timewasting will be penalised and free kick awarded to
the other team
Footwear must be worn in
accordance with the laws of the game
Wearing of shinguards is
recommended. Any player who fails to wear shin guards does so at their own